Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is EarlyBird Kept when Southwest Changes my Flight?

01amyers
Explorer C

My flight was changed about an hour before I was supposed to depart, and when I initially purchased the tickets I purchased EarlyBird Check In. On the app next to my name in the passenger section it still says EarlyBird, but it also gives me the option to purchase EarlyBird for my new flight. Does Southwest cancelling and rebooking your flight get rid of the EarlyBird you purchased?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is EarlyBird Kept when Southwest Changes my Flight?

01amyers
Explorer C
Solution

Update: after calling in I learned EarlyBird is automatically refunded when Southwest cancels a flight, so I had to repurchase

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

FYI, adding EarlyBird to your reservation within 36 hours of departure would have no benefit or affect. This also means if you or Southwest change your flight on the day of travel, EarlyBird would have no value to you on that flight.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

FYI, adding EarlyBird to your reservation within 36 hours of departure would have no benefit or affect. This also means if you or Southwest change your flight on the day of travel, EarlyBird would have no value to you on that flight.

--TheMiddleSea

I know this is marked solved already, but wanted to add that @01amyers  if you are on a round trip flight make sure that you don't need to re-purchase EBCI for the return flight alone as opposed to the first flight which you shouldn't have been able to add EBCI to a flight within the 36 hour window. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.