Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No TSA Precheck on Boarding Pass

msacopul
Explorer C

My known traveler number is recorded in my account, but my boarding pass does not indicate it is TSA Precheck.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: No TSA Precheck on Boarding Pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

A few thoughts....

• Verify your PreCheck is not expired, you need to renew it every 5 years.
  • Verify the name on the reservation matches your PreCheck name exactly, including middle name.
  • manually add the KTN to the reservation: https://www.southwest.com/air/manage-reservation/?page=ADD-SECURE-TRAVELER-INFORMATION
  • see if an agent at the check-in counter can assist you.  Sometimes they can remove/add the KTN 
  • PreCheck is never guaranteed.  TSA may not always issue the PreCheck authorization.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

A few thoughts....

• Verify your PreCheck is not expired, you need to renew it every 5 years.
  • Verify the name on the reservation matches your PreCheck name exactly, including middle name.
  • manually add the KTN to the reservation: https://www.southwest.com/air/manage-reservation/?page=ADD-SECURE-TRAVELER-INFORMATION
  • see if an agent at the check-in counter can assist you.  Sometimes they can remove/add the KTN 
  • PreCheck is never guaranteed.  TSA may not always issue the PreCheck authorization.

--TheMiddleSeat

One clarification just because KTN is in your account, one case that comes up from time to time is people buy a ticket, then update their KTN in their profile but it isn't retroactive to previously purchased tickets. See @TheMiddleSeat 's bullet point #3 for this particular option if it applies.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

kasey97
Adventurer C

Happened to me.  Your name on your reservation has to match your TSA profile name EXACTLY.  AND your name in your Rapid Rewards account has to match your name on your reservation EXACTLY.  When it happened to me, my name in my Rapids Reward account did NOT include my middle initial; but my name on my reservation DID include my middle initial.

fqurashi
Explorer C

I’m having the same issue for my husband- I even called and they tried again to manually add it but still not working. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@fqurashi wrote:

the post immediately above yours shows the most likely reason for the problem.