Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Updated SW app won't send boarding pass to Apple Wallet

phxflyboy
Explorer A

I updated to the newest version of the SW app today and now there is no option to send the mobile boarding pass to Apple Wallet, as there always has been. Anyone else seeing this?

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Updated SW app won't send boarding pass to Apple Wallet

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

My app updated over the past 24 hours, and I don’t have any issue. When you open the BP, the add to Apple wallet button is where it has always been.

Have you signed out, forced closed, etc? What iPhone are you using?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

phxflyboy
Explorer A

Thank you for your reply. I'm using an iPhone XS, with the newest iOS, 12.3. I've restarted the app and the phone, still the same results. Even the BP page looks different, it has an all blue background that I don't recall from before, appears to have been redesigned. Again, I've used this "Add to Wallet" feature for years, sometimes 4-5 times a month, and never had this problem.

Here is a screenshot of the BP page:

IMG_880EF2CE9278-2.jpeg

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@phxflyboy wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I'm using an iPhone XS, with the newest iOS, 12.3. I've restarted the app and the phone, still the same results. Even the BP page looks different, it has an all blue background that I don't recall from before, appears to have been redesigned. Again, I've used this "Add to Wallet" feature for years, sometimes 4-5 times a month, and never had this problem.

Here is a screenshot of the BP page:

IMG_880EF2CE9278-2.jpeg

My Xmax is working fine although I don't have a flight today to test it out with that recent of an update. 

There wasn't any notice of discontinuing that feature, so I expect there is something available to you - either the location of the button moved, or a setting changed that can be reset.

@GloriaLany insight?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

phxflyboy
Explorer A

DancingDavidE, as I expected, it was nothing wrong on my end but was a problem with the newly updated app, which has now been fixed. I had a flight yesterday and the problem has been resolved and the button is back where it belongs.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@phxflyboy wrote:

DancingDavidE, as I expected, it was nothing wrong on my end but was a problem with the newly updated app, which has now been fixed. I had a flight yesterday and the problem has been resolved and the button is back where it belongs.

Thanks for identifying the situation for us! My next flight is Wednesday and I'm glad to know the solution will be already in place.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hello @phxflyboy!

This issue has been resolved, and moving forward boarding passes will generate correctly and will work at TSA and the gate. I'm sorry for the disruption, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. Our Mobile Team was able to take quick action to address the situation. 

NFlair33
Explorer C

I am still experiencing issues with this. Is there a solution that I may have missed? Currently on an iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.4 and latest version of SW app. Thanks!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@NFlair33 wrote:

I am still experiencing issues with this. Is there a solution that I may have missed? Currently on an iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.4 and latest version of SW app. Thanks!

Remember that you can save your boarding pass to your photo album by simply clicking the camera icon at the top right side of the page containing your boarding pass.

phxflyboy
Explorer A

Well, it worked for me the last time I used it, a couple weeks ago but I believe that may have been pre-12.4 iOS. I am also running 12.4 and I have a flight this weekend so I'll let you know.

What I HAVE noticed is that on my last few SW flights, the boarding pass would not get sent to my Apple Watch, as it always has. I could get to it by opening the Apple Wallet on the Watch but in past, it automatically got sent over prior to the flight.

Brent