Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Worst Experience Ever Flying Southwest

Tdotson29
Explorer C

This was my first and last time flying Southwest. I have had great experiences with other airlines like Delta and United Airline, this one by far is the worst, especially when it comes to customer satisfactory. As soon as I got to Chicago O'Hare, first my flight gets cancelled until the next morning and others that were flying to Dallas Love Field like me was able to get on a sooner flight and I'm traveling with my child. Then when I was placed on another flight, that agent that rebooked me told me I would be pre-boarding, even when I got to Orlando, which was a lie. I had to wait and luckily the flight was not that full. It just the fact I was told a lie.

After, not inconveniencing me enough. I was transferred to another flight and when I get to Dallas to make matters even worse, my luggage was never transferred to the plane I was on. So now I'm really upset. Then after all the inconvenience, I was told the only way I would get a credit with a $150 voucher was to come back to the airport that is 40 minutes away from me to pick up my ID to file a claim and the claim was put in my 17 year old daughters name and they told me I could not pickup the luggage without the paper when it was put in her name. For the life of my I cannot understand the incompetence of the whole Southwest staff that I dealt with. This is as total "Can't Get Right Airline. " And I will never use them again. All of the inconvenience cause me to miss out on a $1,000 work day and I will never use them again 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Worst Experience Ever Flying Southwest

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Have you contacted Southwest directly? I'm sure they'd like to hear from you. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Worst Experience Ever Flying Southwest

Tdotson29
Explorer C

Yes, I have spoken with customer service. Their response was file all your complaints through our website. That experience was not even any better. Since, I was told that was the only way to handle anything I am not satisfied with my experience,  then I will just type on every site I can find dealing with Southwest. I am working on emailing the CEO of this company, as well as filling a complaint with any and every other corporation that deals with airlines.