Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I Watch the Super Bowl on SW?

rkaufman1987
Explorer C

I have a flight in the middle of the Super Bowl. The game is on Fox, which isn't listed on SW website as one of the featured channels. Just wanted confirmation that Fox is not in fact included in the channel list on SW flights. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I Watch the Super Bowl on SW?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The channel list online should be accurate. If Southwest does not offer the channel it seems unlikely that you will be able to watch it. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

The channel list online is accurate. If Southwest does not offer the channel it seems unlikely that you will be able to watch it. 

--TheMiddleSeat

This one is a little strange. Fox has definitely been on the list before. And they even promoted themselves as being on the platform through January 30th to watch the NFC Championships...

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Blog/Watch-Your-Favorite-Fall-Sports-on-Fox-While-Inflight/ba-p/1....

I don't usually watch the TV so I can't recall from yesterday if Fox was actually on there despite not being listed or not but on other Sundays they have been available.

I'm not quite ready to swear that this one is a "no" but I'm not certain if it just changed or not.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

N82EZ
Adventurer B
Solution

I'm currently on a flight utilizing a 737-800 Max which has TV and Fox is an option. The fly in the ointment will be if the equipment you are scheduled to fly on Super Bowl Sunday will the system be working? My experience of late is other than on a Max it is hit or miss whether the entertainment let alone the internet works as they are in the process of upgrading the fleet. YMMV.