Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expanded drink choices

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

My flight this morning had 10 drink choices. In addition to the five that they've been having, they've added ginger ale, seltzer water, tonic water, orange juice, and cranberry juice. This is a change since my last flight on Friday.

Still no Diet Dr. Pepper, Coke Zero, or alcohol. With the expanded choices, the ordering by fingers is now gone as well.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Expanded drink choices

dfwskier
Aviator A

That's great to hear.

I only had 5 choices for my flight last Thursday, It must have changed just this week.

bec102896
Aviator A

My flight last week had just the 5 choices. I wish Dr Pepper would come back someday. 

My next flight is Saturday so I'll be interested to see the new choices. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

My understanding is that Southwest committed to purchasing the drink mixers some time ago, assuming that alcoholic drink service would return by now. It seems odd to me to serve things like seltzer or tonic without alcohol, but cranberry juice is something I might order. Personally, I'd like to see tomato juice come back. I suspect though that we won't see the return of it or Dr. Pepper until full service returns.

jksobonya
Aviator A

They announced on my flight home (Nov 2) that they were expanding the drink menu, either the next day or later that week, so that's great to see!

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Turkey and ginger please, hold the Turkey 😂

I might order a tonic water on the flight today just to see the looks and if they really have it. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Unfortunately I have to report back that at least some of the flights are not stocked with tonic water. They did have the ginger ale and cranberry cocktail, and I'm pretty sure I saw someone order the OJ on my morning flight.
Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.