Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Gate CSA Desk Décor at LAS Airport #LASSWASAMOA

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

Got surprised with some nicely decorated Southwest gate CSA counters with Eastern Pacific cultural décor at LAS while returning to SAN from a business trip. As one of the signs on these counters says, "Please feel free to take pictures. Please use #LASSWASAMOA". The signs had the Seal of the American Samoa as the backdrop.

Not sure what the occasion is as I found no mentioning of the hashtag #LASSWASAMOA anywhere on the net (except here and at LAS). I'm guessing it may be for the 50th Anniversary of the Seal as it was dedicated on Flag Day, April 17, 1973 but this is a speculative guess. I should have asked one of the Gate Agents...Anyway, feel free to reply if you know what these decorations are about.

Anyway, enjoy the pics:

20230502_164346_EDIT.jpg

20230502_164442_EDIT.jpg

20230502_164541_EDIT.jpg

20230502_163636_EDIT.jpg

20230502_164435_EDIT.jpg

20230502_164843_EDIT.jpg

20230502_164907_EDIT.jpg

20230502_165003.jpg

20230502_164921_EDIT.jpg

20230502_164308_EDIT.jpg

Time to depart: "A1-15, welcome aboard!"...

20230502_170025_EDIT.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Gate CSA Desk Décor at LAS Airport #LASSWASAMOA

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Always fun to see how Southwest employees decorate for various holidays and events.  Thanks for sharing!

--TheMiddleSeat

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A
Solution

Very nice pictures.

If I had to guess, I would imagine the display may have something to do with May being Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@YeahNoMaybe wrote:

Very nice pictures.

If I had to guess, I would imagine the display may have something to do with May being Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

I think this is correct as I ran into the following blog post:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Blog/Celebrate-with-Service-Asian-American-amp-Pacific-Islander/b...

Still haven't been able to crack the code with the #LASSWASAMOA hashtag that was shown at the Southwest gates at LAS it was not found anywhere else on the net.

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A

It looks like there are multiple displays representing multiple countries....

This is a complete guess... but could that hashtag just mean: 

LAS (Las Vegas airport code)

SWA (Southwest Airlines)

Samoa (Perhaps the country being represented by that  particular display?)

KatherinePeiff
Explorer C

Really nice pictures, thanks for sharing them.

I am glad I found your post. I was searching for the homework help for college students online and when I was searching for it online, I found a link to your post and after seeing your post, I can't stop myself by commenting over here on your post.