Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

KICKED OFF FLIGHT

joypatrice
Explorer C

My husband and I were kicked off of our flight from Kona to LAX this past Saturday because I was having a hot flash and pulled my mask below my nose.  And the mask was a weird material and making me hotter.  The nice man sitting next to me got me a new mask and I felt better, but the male flight attendant on board had it out against me and called security and had my husband and I taken off.  There was zero yelling and no arguing, I said I was fine and he said no we don't trust that you will comply with us while in flight.  I have flown on about 50 plus flights during Covid and have never had an issue.  I wear my mask as I am told. This was the most outrageous experience ever.  We had to exit the plane and buy new tickets on another airline, while my children flew home without us, one being a minor 14 year old.  They did not care.  I am so upset and disappointed.  This FA should be terminated immediately.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: KICKED OFF FLIGHT

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about that.

If I were you, I  would complain  directly to SW. Since this is s customer forum, you are not doing that here.

Click on "contact us" below 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Obviously there is more to this story.  While you say you wear your mask as you are told, you were not wearing it as required in this moment.  Regardless of the reason, you were seen as not complying with a mask mandate and were therefore removed from the plane.  Since you have flown so much you should have seen this as a possibility.

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Just curious why was your husband removed?

jksobonya
Aviator A

I'll take "This Didn't Happen" for $500, Alex.

--Jessica