Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

USB Ports Really Coming?

Wordy
Explorer C

I've been excited about the new that USB ports were coming to southwest planes, but I've yet to see it.  It's been 8 months since they said their first planes had them.  I fly out SJC, typically.  Does anyone have any insight on the timeline?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: USB Ports Really Coming?

dfwskier
Aviator A

They're on all new Max planes they're getting . That started reently - exactly when? I don't recall. I think the first was Imura One.

Since the equipement requires different seats than before, I would not hold my breath for a fleet wide redo.

Re: USB Ports Really Coming?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Wordy wrote:

I've been excited about the new that USB ports were coming to southwest planes, but I've yet to see it.  It's been 8 months since they said their first planes had them.  I fly out SJC, typically.  Does anyone have any insight on the timeline?

Hola! I'm a frequent visitor to SJC. Great airport 👍

20230622_145213.jpg

As @dfwskier mentioned, while some planes have them, don't expect the charging ports to be on your flights just yet. I believe this is a long overdue amenity for those who don't have portable charger and I'm excited to see this be a standard amenity systemwide one day. For now, if you can get a portable charger, I would do that while we wait for this to be rolled out.