Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What happened to the Gold bag snack mix?

iflyMCI
Explorer C

I've been on a few flights recently in August/September and what happened to the snack mix in the Gold bag?  Now it's a small bag of pretzel sticks.  I also miss the cookies in the blue bag as well!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: What happened to the Gold bag snack mix?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Were the more recent trips without the snack mix shorter distances?

--TheMiddleSeat

iflyMCI
Explorer C

MCI-DEN, DEN-SNA, SNA-MCI, MCI-LAS, LAS-SMF, SMF-SEA, SEA-DEN, DEN-MCI were the flights I flown last and this month. All long enough for the drinks. All had the little white bag with the pretzel sticks. My last flight in July from LAS-MCI had the gold snack bag

bec102896
Aviator A

It looks like a change to the inflight snack was made. On my recent flights I got the pretzel sticks as well. Both of my recent flights in the last 2 weeks were 2-3 hour flights. 

Your welcome to share your feedback with southwest directly about the change Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint 

-Blake

ipsedixit
Frequent Flyer C

only pretzel sticks now

no more peanuts, snack pack mix, or cookies

hudbromom12
Explorer C

We got the snack mix last week on our flight from rsw to den.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

The pretzel sticks suck. The snack mix was awesome. I haven't seen the snack mix in a couple of months. Yeah, my flights are all short (OKC-HOU), but I still love the snack mix and miss it.

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

Snacks are often rotated periodically.  It used to be monthly, then quarterly.  I agree the pretzel sticks are the worst.

PettyIntrigues
Adventurer A

I fly a few times a week with good ol’ SWA and finally got a gold bag snack mix again today on SJC-DAL. I think they might still be using up those genetic white pretzel bags at certain hubs because I haven’t seen it anywhere else this week (long, short, midrange) despite their reappearance elsewhere. I was told weeks earlier it was a supply chain issue, like so many things right now.

I loved the peanuts of old (they went great with a Friday flight home cocktail, ahem) but I too have been enjoying the snack mix, which popped up around last Spring. Hope they keep them around a while.