Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What’s with the movie selection?

Kiap82
Explorer C

Both flights this week have only offered the three John Wick movies. Where did the rest of the movies go?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: What’s with the movie selection?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Hey @DancingDavidE or @bec102896 are you seeing the same thing? No flights for me this week. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Hey @DancingDavidE or @bec102896 are you seeing the same thing? No flights for me this week. 

--TheMiddleSeat

I’ll check it on on my flight tonight and let you know but my flight last week had all the movies

i will say my flight for today lost its RR number so I checked in to the C group because I didn’t notice till after check in time. 

IMPORTANT: A List folks check your accounts and make sure all your flights are there so you get your A List check in because when your RR number detaches your just a person without status @cheyenneallgood  please have someone investigate this issue 

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

@bec102896 are you still having issues with this? If so, can you provide me with screenshots and/or a more thorough explanation of what is happening via DM? Thanks!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

--TheMiddleSeat

I’ll check in a couple of hours 😂

Didn’t watch any entertainment on my previous couple of flights. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'll be flying tomorrow so I guess I'll see what I see.

That being said, there have been  a very few times in the past when I ran into very limited movie selections -- apparently for the reason stated up thread.

stevenrollinson
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey there @Kiap82 ! 

This is a known issue through the fleet at the moment. We are making a lot of hardware upgrades on our Anuvu fleet and some aircraft are losing content in that process. It just so happens that a content upload of only John Wick special content went out recently, so we have a few aircraft that only have that content on them for a few days following their upgrade. 

Sorry for the lack of content on your flight. The Inflight Entertainment Team is actively working to get you a full content library on all aircraft just as quickly as they can.

floridaguy
Aviator C

It is a known issue so I download my own movies since, heaven forbid, Southwest actually solve their technology issue.

bec102896
Aviator A

26F842F5-F0DD-4304-B6C2-609B51A5AE81.png

lots of movie choices on my flight tonight AUS/MCO 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

26F842F5-F0DD-4304-B6C2-609B51A5AE81.png

lots of movie choices on my flight tonight AUS/MCO 

Full selection ORD to DEN as well, although the internet wasn't working so I couldn't post live screenshots.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.