Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2 month companion pass offer (1/6 - 2/28)

devu90
Explorer C

Hi all,

did anyone take advantage of this 2 month companion pass offer? All you had to do was book a RT by Nov 18th 2021 to qualify for companion pass from 1/6/22 - 2/28/22. Today is 1/6 and i'm not able to see this reflect my account. Anyone else having same issue?

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/southwest-companion-pass

20 REPLIES 20

Re: 2 month companion pass offer (1/6 - 2/28)

devu90
Explorer C

dfwskier
Aviator A

I see it in my account ...

jadeponce
Explorer C

Did you figure this out? Mine is not showing up in my account either and have been on hold for over an hour. 

Jro1
Explorer C

I am in the same boat. My companion pass is not appearing. 

rich1954
Adventurer A

If you booked with points you will not be eligible for the offer.

jadeponce
Explorer C

I purchased them with my southwest credit card, no points used. 

endoherodon
Explorer C

I see the companion pass on my account.  Hopefully, you have it by now.  Did you receive the email confirmation that you would receive the companion pass when you met the requirement?  I did receive the email as soon as I completed qualified trips for the companion pass promotion.  Does anyone know if I can still change the companion during this promotion period?

bec102896
Aviator A

For those with issues did you register for the promotion then book and fly by the deadline? 

the thing that most miss is you needed to register first and if you already had a flight booked before the promotion came out and didn’t rebook it won’t count.

for those that qualify you should have gotten an email back when you qualified saying you will get a companion pass then this morning you should have gotten an email saying you can add your companion and that you were awarded promotional companion pass 

-Blake

PaulM1
Explorer C

This is my first reply (comment) in this community.

I tried... but received bad information from Customer Service Representative (CSR) on two (2) separate occasions.

During my first call, I was "assured" in no uncertain terms (I had the call on speaker phone and my wife heard the same thing I did) by a CSR that I could "buy" two (2) on-way tickets - one (1) for me and one (1) for my wife and as long as we flew the trip, I would quality for the limited time promotional companion pass (the pass). I bought the one-way tickets and I purchased a round trip ticket for myself to Hawaii (not cheap) for a flight (within the promotional window) with the idea that my wife would fly with me (as my companion) for free. Then, 10 days after we both flew the one-way trips, I had not received an e-mail (indicating that I had qualified for the pass).

During my second call, I was "assured" by another CSR that I had qualified (that the two (2) one-way trips met the qualifications for the pass), that sometimes it takes more time to get the e-mail (from marketing), and that I couldn't add a companion until 1/6/22 anyways. In other words, I should not to be concerned. Well, by 1/6/22, I had not received "the" e-mail and I was not able to add my wife as my companion to the fly with me on the flight I had already booked to Hawaii. Then, on my third call, I was informed by a CSR that I had not qualified for the pass, there was nothing she could do about it, that a supervisor wasn't available to talk to me (that a supervisor couldn't do anything about it anyways), and that I could go to the website under contact us and submit a complaint (to corporate).

So, here I am. Based on the bad information provided by two (2) Southwest CSR's on two (2) separate occasions, my wife and I flew the one-way trips (which we could have flown with another airline), I bought a roundtrip ticket to Hawaii (which I could have purchased on another airline), and I can't add her as a companion.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.