Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2022 A List

ASMITH3711
Explorer C

Just wondering if SW had considered extending A-list into 2022? This will be the first year in a long time that I have not at least qualified for the A-list. Let alone will loose my Companion pass too. There has just been no way with Covid and not traveling as frequently for work to qualify for either. Despite the fact I use my SW CC for every purchase! 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: 2022 A List

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest reduced the requirement to earn A-List and Companion Pass in 2020 and 2021.  That was their way of making it easier to earn A-List for 2022 so I doubt any extension on top of reducing the requirement will happen.

--TheMiddleSeat

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

I am unaware of any such announcement of A-List status carrying forward.  Like you, I had it for many years, but with the slowdown in 2020 travel, I had to watch it slip away.  One redeeming grace is that I also haven’t traveled as much in 2021, so I didn’t miss it as much as I might have in a regular year.  If it means a lot to you, you may be able to plan a few cheap trips to nowhere, that is booking someplace close when fares are on sale, landing in the airport, then flying right back on a different flight.  It is riskier with Covid, but I know some Frequent Flyers who were close to either a Companion Pass or A-List status who would do that on a weekend day at the end of the year.  I did it once for a Companion Pass, taking nothing but a good book, and I am lucky enough to have a lot of choices of destinations.  Don’t wait too late in the year though — not many sales at year end because of holidays.

bec102896
Aviator A

I have seen some people who had status last year get a promotion where they can fly a Round Trip or 2 (depending on specific offer) and that would extend status though next year. 

I would log in to your RR account and check out the promotion section in case you have such an offer. 

Also if you register and book a RT flight or 2 one ways you can earn a promotional companion pass for Jan 6th-Febuary 28th. You would need to book by 11:59pm Central tonight though for this offer. 

-Blake

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest gave everyone 10 flight credits  toward A List or A List Preferred

So to get to A List, one only needs 15 flight credits. Get creative.

determine the connecting cities on routes you fly. In my case, I fly  dallas chicago a lot. In my case connecting cities on the route are Kansas City, St Louis, Houston and denver.

Instead of booking DAL/MDW and then MDW/ DAL I book DAL/MCI and MCI/MDW then MDW/MCI and MCI/ DAL and get 4 flight credits. I did that 4 times  early this year and have been on points flight since then

jksobonya
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Southwest gave everyone 10 flight credits  toward A List or A List Preferred

So to get to A List, on only needs 15 flight credits. Get creative.

I'm making A-List for the first time thanks to the 10 flight credit bonus! Couldn't make it last year, but when they announced it again I was determined to get it! 3 one way flights away ... I'll be there by November!

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

@

I'm making A-List for the first time thanks to the 10 flight credit bonus! Couldn't make it last year, but when they announced it again I was determined to get it! 3 one way flights away ... I'll be there by November!

--Jessica

Good going, Jessica!