Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List Member Card

123engineering
Explorer C

I have been enjoying A-List status for over ten years.  One of the benefits I enjoy is able to use the faster A-List Full Service line to check in my luggage.  I have been noticing non-A-list members using the line and agents are having difficulty controlling it.   I always try to show my A-List member card when I stand in line.  During my last flight from SMF, an agent took my card stating it has expired, which I didn't know.  I called SW customer service and an agent informed me that SW no longer issues A-List Member Card.

I wish SW to resume issuing A-List Member Cards to help reduce A-List Full Service lines.  It will be much easier for agents to check A-List member cards than boarding passes when people are standing in line.  Currently, you can't verify A-List status until people get to the counter by then it will be too late to send them to the regular line.  

The a-List Full-Service line is a great benefit and I wish SW reissues A-List Member Cards to keep it effective.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: A-List Member Card

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You know people are not A-List because...?

I really doubt Southwest will ever issue physical cards again. I have had agents check boarding passes before I got into line which I was fine with. If staff is available to do it, that would be nice. With the current large staff shortages I would much rather have available people behind the counter than worried about who gets in what line.

You're welcome to submit your feedback directly to Southwest, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since your A-List status is printed on your boarding pass, you really don't need a card.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Keep in mind, most A-list check in lines are accessible for Business Select Ticket holders too, (they pay extra for their ticket and that is one of the perks.) They may not be A-listers.

As for non-A-lister line jumpers, not much we, as customers can do about that 🙄 

bec102896
Aviator A

I liked the cards as well because I liked to collect them for keeping track of how many years I was A List vs A List preferred but before covid they stopped sending them. Maybe they could add a virtual card to the my account section of the app 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

I liked the cards as well because I liked to collect them for keeping track of how many years I was A List vs A List preferred but before covid they stopped sending them. Maybe they could add a virtual card to the my account section of the app 

When you log on to southwest.com --  my account -- the year you enrolled is on the initial page -- upper left corner.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@123engineering wrote:

I have been enjoying A-List status for over ten years.  One of the benefits I enjoy is able to use the faster A-List Full Service line to check in my luggage.  I have been noticing non-A-list members using the line and agents are having difficulty controlling it.   I always try to show my A-List member card when I stand in line.  During my last flight from SMF, an agent took my card stating it has expired, which I didn't know.  I called SW customer service and an agent informed me that SW no longer issues A-List Member Card.

I wish SW to resume issuing A-List Member Cards to help reduce A-List Full Service lines.  It will be much easier for agents to check A-List member cards than boarding passes when people are standing in line.  Currently, you can't verify A-List status until people get to the counter by then it will be too late to send them to the regular line.  

The a-List Full-Service line is a great benefit and I wish SW reissues A-List Member Cards to keep it effective.

It's right on your boarding pass, you don't need the card. I have seen agents watching the line and checking boarding passes to ensure only a-list are using the line. That was at Midway. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

I’ve never seen anyone check the line only a couple of agents would say next A list passenger please but some who don’t follow rules would still go up and agents haven’t sent anyone to the regular line from a list at least in my experience. 

: A-List Member Card

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I've been an A-Lister for about 7 years and did also use to get the card.  I know it is a to each their own, but I never carried the card with me, and was never asked for it.  Much like was mentioned, attendant would look at the next in line and ask, "are you AList or business preferred?  I don't think I've ever seen anyone say no, nor have I ever seen somebody moved out of the line for not being one.  But honestly, I guess it comes down to who the ticket attendant is, some may enforce it, some may not.   What I may mention, this is as recently as 2 weekends ago, in SWA home hub, there was no ALIST line anywhere, and I was even more amazed to see there was no TSA bypass there either.