Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Applying for credit card

frenchtoast123
Explorer C

I’m applying for the credit card with my wife as an authorized user. The rapid rewards account/booking account we use is under her name. Can I add that rr # to my application or will it cause problems because the name on the application and the name on the rr account do not match?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Applying for credit card

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@frenchtoast123 wrote:

I’m applying for the credit card with my wife as an authorized user. The rapid rewards account/booking account we use is under her name. Can I add that rr # to my application or will it cause problems because the name on the application and the name on the rr account do not match?

Recently researched this and the terms on the card show that they are expecting the names to match.

I thought I had heard of someone doing it as you described before with their spouse's RR# but the current terms don't seem to allow that.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

When earning RR points there is no "we" or "our" account so it's not quite clear what you are looking to do.  Are you hoping to pool points?  Since you can purchase flights with points from any account for anyone just use the points from wherever they go.  The primary cardholder is whose account the credit card points will go to. Lastly, instead of adding your wife as an AU just have her get her own card and you both earn the sign up bonus.

--TheMiddleSeat

MaxineWhitehurs
Explorer C

Thanks for clearing my mind, if I still want to know more, I will message here.

By the way, if anyone here is seeking for essay samples online, you can go to https://www.grabmyessay.com/samples/category/business where you will get various categories of essay samples that will help you complete your essay writing quickly.