Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booked 2 flights but will not let me add the other persons rr number

Asianjack
Explorer C

I booked 2 flights. Didn’t know my friend had a rr number until after booking. We have tried to go back and add her number to her flight, but it keeps saying it does not match her name. her name is Ann Marie but the Marie part is listed as middle name and will not let me change it. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Booked 2 flights but will not let me add the other persons rr number

jksobonya
Aviator A

The name on the flight and the name on the Rapid Rewards account have to match in order for the Rapid Rewards account to be applied to the flight. If the name is wrong on the flight, you will have to contact Southwest to change it. If the name is wrong on the Rapid Rewards account, update the Rapid Rewards account, then apply the number to the flight. 

--Jessica

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

If your flight is soon, you can also add it at the airport by visiting a Customer Service Agent, and they might be able to override your the discrepancy with the names not matching. I would contact Southwest via phone, though, to avoid this issue for future bookings or to correct the name on the current booking.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Asianjack wrote:

I booked 2 flights. Didn’t know my friend had a rr number until after booking. We have tried to go back and add her number to her flight, but it keeps saying it does not match her name. her name is Ann Marie but the Marie part is listed as middle name and will not let me change it. 

Make sure Rapid Rewards is correct, and then you can add the flight credit afterwards although the answer may depend on whether the flight or the RR account needs to be changed.

As long as she won't be missing out on A-list or some other perk this can probably be solved after the fact if necessary.

If you just booked the flight you can refund it within 24 hours and then rebook with the corrected name, or obviously if it is Anytime or BS fares.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.