Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cannot find flight I booked before I created an account

Archer1507
Explorer C

So I booked a flight as a guest however I never received an email receipt containing the Conformation number; I'm assuming I typed in my email wrong. I now have an account but have no way of accessing that flight without the conformation number; what's my best course of action?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cannot find flight I booked before I created an account

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Archer1507 wrote:

So I booked a flight as a guest however I never received an email receipt containing the Conformation number; I'm assuming I typed in my email wrong. I now have an account but have no way of accessing that flight without the conformation number; what's my best course of action?

Hello! Try checking your credit card statement for the six-digit confirmation number (my bank shows a 13-digit "ticket number" which is separate but it may be possible your bank shows the 6-digit version needed).

If you don't see the confirmation number, I would contact SW Customer Service for help:

For SW's phone number, go here:
https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/booking-travel-online

Click on "Need More Assistance" and call the main phone number displayed or request a call back.

Customer Service should be able look up your booking and confirmation number via an alternative method, likely by verifying your name and the credit card number used. 

Travel Tip Going Forward: Always save to PDF, take a screenshot, or do a hard copy print of the confirmation page with the confirmation number for any type of travel reservation which includes flights, hotels, parking, rentals and ground service providers. I've had no failed email deliveries with my travel reservations to date but had one instance where the email wasn't received until 2 hours following the booking.

Re: Cannot find flight I booked before I created an account

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Search your email inbox, spam, and clutter folders for the phrase "You're Going to" or in your case you can also search for the city name in case that pops up - that won't work depending how much you fly, but if not very often then it could work.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.