Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Promo

Mandyh85
Explorer C

I was curious if I changed a portion of my flight (just changing the departure city) would that void the promo?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Companion Pass Promo

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As long as you complete your travel before the deadline you should be ok.

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Generally, as long as you still fly within the offer's deadline, any change that preserves the original confirmation number should be ok.

jsnteh
Explorer C

I am in the same situation after having changed my flight that was booked during the promo period. I just called Southwest to check and was informed that changing the reservation would disqualify me from the promo. I will be cancelling my flight because of this.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

By the letter of the "law" you are disqualified.  In real life, based on experience with previous promotions which also had the same rule, making a change does not disqualify you.  If you don't want to complete the promo that's your decision.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Does it say "may be" disqualified? It seemed before that it didn't disqualify people that we heard from. Not sure what more extreme change does trigger a DQ.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

Does it say "may be" disqualified? It seemed before that it didn't disqualify people that we heard from. Not sure what more extreme change does trigger a DQ.

It says "may." This language is added to indicate that changes to dates outside the promotional period will disqualify.

As long as you still fly within the offer's deadline, any change that preserves the original confirmation number should be ok.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jsnteh wrote:

I am in the same situation after having changed my flight that was booked during the promo period. I just called Southwest to check and was informed that changing the reservation would disqualify me from the promo. I will be cancelling my flight because of this.

Since you won’t be getting a refund, What do you plan to do with your travel fund.?

bec102896
Aviator A

Last year I made 2 changes after booking (same date different flight) and still qualified for the promotion. The may disqualify I think goes for those who move to a flight after November 18th  

-Blake

lburrus
Explorer C

I registered for the promotion, then booked a roundtrip flight using my RR number. However, I'm not seeing the promotion as "registered" in my account details. Does yours show something different?