Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass extension

takemeaway
Explorer C

Was unable to take advantage of companion pass that I earned for 2021 due to COVID and cancellations and the like.  Any chance at getting that extended, or at least lowering the bar so I can get it next year?  I am close to earning one, but will never get there given the current COVID climate.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion pass extension

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@takemeaway wrote:

Was unable to take advantage of companion pass that I earned for 2021 due to COVID and cancellations and the like.  Any chance at getting that extended, or at least lowering the bar so I can get it next year?  I am close to earning one, but will never get there given the current COVID climate.

I doubt it, the planes are flying at capacity right now so I'm not necessarily expecting any other extensions. There was a promotional offer that went out to some people I don't know if you were in that group or not.

If you are close, here are the options to try and push it over the top:

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

Good luck!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

For the companion pass Southwest gave everyone a boost towards earning the companion pass and A List status this year i don't expect any more extensions because otherwise it would never end because next year some will say I couldn't use my pass in 2022 because this or that so since planes are full now I think they are done with extensions. 

Hoff26
Explorer C
If I earned Companion Pass in 2020, will I get an extension beyond 2021? No. We made it easier for all Members to achieve Companion Pass status in 2020 by awarding boosts for Companion Pass qualifying points and flight credits.

Hoff26
Explorer C

@Hoff26 wrote:
If I earned Companion Pass in 2020, will I get an extension beyond 2021? No. We made it easier for all Members to achieve Companion Pass status in 2020 by awarding boosts for Companion Pass qualifying points and flight credits.

Thanks..

RapidFS

gsking
Aviator C

If you haven't been flying for the past year,  what do you expect to change next year?   You MIGHT not have to wear a mask... if we're lucky.  Other than that,  I can't think of a thing that will change with SWA.

And exactly how are you "close to getting one" but "can't get there due to Covid".  You're also not spending enough on your card for to Covid??

Not making much sense,  sorry.