Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Credit Card points not posting!

nikijbrock4
Explorer C

I have a SW credit card and points ALWAYS post to my account the day after my statement posts - on the 5th. Of course the one month that I am actually supposed to earn the companion pass, they don’t post. I called Chase and they said they have already posted them on their end and I would need to contact Southwest. I called SW and the rep sounded pretty clueless but said it could take 3-5 business days. Tomorrow will be business day 5. Before I call them back tomorrow, curious if anyone else is having this issue this month? I’m getting stressed because I need it for a flight next weekend and I’ve been counting on earning the pass. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Credit Card points not posting!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Interesting... I don't normally check as I have minimal spend on my Southwest card, but I too had a April 5 statement date and points have not posted yet. Perhaps there is a bit of a delay happening, but I suspect you won't get any actual info from Chase or Southwest. The folks that answer the phones just don't get this information. Fingers crossed for you that the points post soon.

--TheMiddleSeat

nikijbrock4
Explorer C

Thank you for your response!. That is the impression I’m getting as well about the people I’ve spoken with. 😞

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

not unheard of

nikijbrock4
Explorer C

Thank you. That was my reasoning for the post. I just wanted to see if it was happening to others. The SW rep I had spoken with seemed just as confused as I was and couldn’t really answer my questions. I now know that a delay can happen. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Points posted this morning. Sometimes a little patience is required, not disputes. 

--TheMiddleSeat

nikijbrock4
Explorer C

Thank you. I was so excited to see the points post this morning! Just to clarify, I have been nothing but polite when I’ve spoken with anyone- wasn’t causing a dispute. Was simply looking for answers since it seemed out of the norm and no one could give me clear answers. Appreciate the helpful responses I received on this forum! 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@nikijbrock4 I'm glad your points posted. I wasn't implying anything about your interactions, but rather countering the other, non-productive suggestion posted here that filing a dispute was the way to handle this. Enjoy your Companion Pass! 

--TheMiddleSeat

nikijbrock4
Explorer C

Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying and thank you for the help. Truly appreciate the quick responses! 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I have several cards that provide cash back.  On each card, I do a monthly reconciliation as I go over the statement.  Each month I record the accrued rebate earned and have an account for that on my Quickbooks ledger.  

Over the years, I have identified gaps in the accrual and have reported that to the credit card carrier.  In one instance, I had an issue with "Fells Wargo" where certain bonus points were missing.  After going through the records, they agreed with me, restored the points and scrapped their special rewards because they couldn't keep up with it.

File a dispute of your points, in writing, with the credit card carrier.