Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Kick Tail Awards

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

What does it take to get Kick Tail Awards to give out? I've been A-List Preferred for over 3 years now, and I've only get sent one batch.

As part of my effort to be a better person, I'm trying to be more generous. Tipping Southwest employees doesn't seem appropriate so I'd like some of these to give to people who deserve it from time to time.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Kick Tail Awards

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

I'd reach out to the Twitter/social media team to see if you can get some more sent your way.

Additionally, I believe that if you want to recognize employees and can get their name, flight number, etc., you can pass that to SW (again, the social media team is an easy way to do this), and they can ensure recognition happens. BUT...that doesn't feel as nice as when you get to hand them the actual Kick Tails!

Good luck.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

N82EZ
Adventurer B

I just spoke to a CSA on the phone while changing a reservation and they said the program was/has been suspended b/c of Covid... Waaay before (2yrs ago) I asked for some more and they never came in my mail. I gave one of the 3 I still have left a week ago to a FA. Yup made me feel good to recognize someone without remembering name/flight/and writing. SWA if you see this is the new brass going to bring this program back. It w/b nice to reward all the hard over the top workers in the trying times they face daily with customers!

gsking
Aviator C

I've never gotten any.   And no drink coupons since Covid. 

They owe me big time. 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@gsking Same. I've got 23 of them saved. I'm not exactly a big drinker. I'm flying first on American connecting to business on Qatar in 2 1/2 weeks. I'll have some champagne then or something. I always get a drink when I'm in Iranian airspace.

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

@bwallet- thanks for posting this.  I'm just now reading it and it's a good reminder for all of us.  I stored these with my drink tickets and just re-discovered them.  I was just reminding myself to make the effort to use them (the kick tail awards, not just the drink tickets LOL) .  Yes, hoping SWA will send more out.