Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Lifetime Awards

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@72989420 wrote:

I completely agree with Wes...   been a loyal RR for 23 years and well over 1 million miles and SWA doesn't seem to care while the other airlines do.    At some point we will all slow down traveling and it would be nice not to remember to check in at exactly 24hrs before etc.   Just make us A list for life... it's zero cost perk for very loyal customers.   I just assumed they would do something.   I was almost to 1 M on American and then they decided not to count my TWA miles any longer, but I though is fine because SWA would... NOPE 

It would be a nice addition. Companion pass "lifetime" doesn't make sense but the A-list Lifetime would be a good gesture for those reaching 1M miles or some lofty number of years as A-list.

I take the counterpoint to @dfwskier if you wouldn't fly United any more without those perks, then the lifetime status does get them a few flights booked that they otherwise would miss out on.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Lifetime Awards

BFBaker
Explorer C

I'm on board here.  Been A-List Preferred as long as it's been out there.  I don't think lifetime Companion Pass is realistic.  There is a cost there.  But making longtime A-List Preferred customers lifetime A-List Preferred costs Southwest nothing.  I was very loyal to Southwest and Marriott.  Marriott made me Platinum Elite for life.  Still waiting on Southwest.  I did run this idea up the flagpole with them when they were struggling and was told it would be discussed via an email.  Nothing yet.