Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Not getting my code for my 25,000 miles

phillima
Explorer C

SW sent my code for activating my 25,000 miles from being tangled up over the Christmas holiday to a defunct email. I opened a case (63434975) on 12/31/2022. I have followed up on 2/7/2023, 2/14/2023, 2/23/2023, 3/15/2023. I get the same response form each inquiry, that it is in the queue but no status can be provided. When I opened the case the agent (Nestor) made sure the email address is correct, we worked to clear every email out of my RR account and enter the correct one in.  I have to claim these by 3/3102023, but am getting no traction and do not know where else to turn (I do not have FB). 

I entered a comment on the web site and the reply I got was, that the reply has been recognized and assigned a new Case # (6569831). There is no email that I can actually get to a real person. The agents when I calf 1-800-435-9792, I am told there is no supervisor to escalate this issue.

Any Ideas here how I can contact to get some satisfaction? This is equally as frustrating as being bounced around on 12/25-26.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Not getting my code for my 25,000 miles

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

People have reported getting good results when contacting Southwest via Twitter or Facebook. It's up to you to decide if the points are important enough that you sign up for either one.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

When calling 800-435-9792 you can try asking for a service coordinator maybe they can help or open a higher priority case? 

there is always the snail mail method as well but that would take time as well 

my mom reached out via Twitter and had her points in her account (without a code) just 10 hours later after the quick investigation 

my guess with why is takes long when they say the email was sent they have to make sure the code wasn’t entered in a different account because anyone can enter the code so it’s not just check your account to see no points were added 

phillima
Explorer C

I asked for a supervisor at the 800 number you mentioned and was told they aren't available. Customer service is not the best and my chance to claim these ends on Friday. They should empower the front line to make these types of corrections given the history on the open Case (5 calls in referencing the same Case #).

klingaman
Explorer C

I originally had the same issue and was very frustrated - I finally used Facebook Messenger to reach out to Southwest and the representative was able to find my code and work with me over Messenger to get it redeemed and added to my Rapid Rewards.  I will say the code had to be redeemed by March 31st - so that may be an additional hurdle now so bring that up in your discussion.