Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points got applied to wrong person

Graceg97
Explorer C

Hi, I was connecting my flight for 2 people I have booked with the app and when I attached my rapid rewards number it attached it to the wrong passenger. How do I take the RR off my second passenger and put it under my name? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Points got applied to wrong person

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't believe you can edit the Rapid Rewards account number associated with a reservation without calling Southwest. You can add a number to a reservation on southwest.com, but I don't think you can change an existing number attached to a reservation online. 

Before you call, let's clarify what you are trying to do. Each passenger can only have their own Rapid Rewards account number assigned to their ticket. If you are trying to put your RR account number on the ticket for someone else you cannot do that. If you put your RR number on someone else's ticket and want to change it to their RR account number or someone else's number is attached to your ticket, then you will need to call Southwest.

If this is a past/completed flight keep in mind only the person who actually flew can earn RR points. You cannot put your RR number on someone else's reservation and expect to earn RR points. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I've had a lot of success writing letters to the Dallas TX main office.  Things get resolved.

Southwest Airlines

2702 Love Field DR # HDQ-1PR

Dallas  TX   75235-1908

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Graceg97 wrote:

Hi, I was connecting my flight for 2 people I have booked with the app and when I attached my rapid rewards number it attached it to the wrong passenger. How do I take the RR off my second passenger and put it under my name? 

Go ahead and write to the home office if you aren't flying for several months.

Otherwise I would call or use Twitter to reach out if you use that. Don't sent any personal information until they request a direct message.

Usually the name would have to match the RR account, so if you accidentally put yours on someone else I think calling would resolve this fairly quickly.

I don't think you can do this self-service unless the system automatically rejects it at some point, then you could go back and add it correctly. But if not, just put in a call.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.