Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Reward perk confusion

Jenne03
Explorer C

I posted but I cannot find it. It isnt in my profile. So hopefully this isn't a duplicate.

Im confused about the new perks. I have rapid rewards plus card. I have a trip booked for 5 people. Is the 2 early checkins per trip(one way) or per passenger? So If it costs me $100 for early bird will I be reimbursed $40 or the full $100?

If I upgrade to priority card...It is 4 upgrades. Is this per passenger or trip?

Thank you!!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rapid Reward perk confusion

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The Plus card comes with reimbursement of 2 EarlyBird Check-in purchases per year.  An EBCI purchase is one person, one way.  If EBCI is $20 per person you can get $40 reimbursed.

The Priority card includes reimbursement of upgraded boarding, that is a completely different thing than EBCI.  Upgraded boarding is purchased at the gate before a flight and gets you a boarding position in the A1-15 range, if any space is available in that range.

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Also If memory serves, you pay for the upgrade at the gate and Chase credits your account on the next monthly statement.

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

Yes, that's true. You pay for the upgrade. But that payment is credited to you in your next statement.

adamsusa
Explorer C

And when credit does NOT automatically appear after 3 billing cycles...  do you contact the Visa CC, Southwest Rapid Rewards, or ?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@adamsusa wrote:

And when credit does NOT automatically appear after 3 billing cycles...  do you contact the Visa CC, Southwest Rapid Rewards, or ?

Contact Chase if you have questions about the billing/reimbursement.

Contact Chase Customer Service 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@adamsusa wrote:

If it does not automatically credit, then I have to start wondering whether you had already used your freebies

edit add: or perhaps you inadvertently used a CC other than a Chase Southwest card.