Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Rapid Rewards Credit Card Promotion March-June 30

tblind14
Explorer C

I had an Action-based bonus post on Monday, but it's nowhere close to what I should have gotten.  

Has anyone that reached out gotten a reply from SW? Going to reach out after the 30th since I think they'll tell me to wait anyway.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest does not control the number of action based points you get -- Chase does.

Chase figures out how many points you should get, and then tells SW to add that many points to your account.

Thus any questions should go to Chase.

ejallen11
Explorer C

I received an action based bonus on Monday 08/14th but it was for the 10x points on a flight promotion. I had already received the normal 3x points with my credit card rewards, the action based bonus was for the additional 7x the dollar amount of the flight.

I registered for the 20% promotion that ended 06/30th and still have not received an action based bonus for this promotion. I'm starting to wonder if we will.

whseals
Explorer B

I have not received it either. I registered and qualified for the promotion. I figured they owe me about 12,000 miles. If I don’t have it by the 30th, I will message SW and contact chase. Please let me know what happens with your account. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@whseals wrote:

I have not received it either. I registered and qualified for the promotion. I figured they owe me about 12,000 miles. If I don’t have it by the 30th, I will message SW and contact chase. Please let me know what happens with your account. 

Don't bother messaging Southwest. You are dealing with a CHASE promotion. Only CHASE can answer questions about it.

whseals
Explorer B

I contacted Chase this morning. Waiting for reply they said would be in one business day. Stay tuned. 

mrlucky200abc
Explorer C

If it makes anyone feel better I didn't receive my bonus points either.  It hasn't been 8 weeks yet so I am patiently waiting.  I received my bonus from February in about 6 weeks.  I feel it would be better customer service if these points hit our accounts faster.  I recommended the credit card this week to someone who applied. The card was approved instantly but once again its states allow 8 weeks for points to be credited to my account.  I think there would be bigger incentive to gets the points instantly. With today's technology that should be no problem.   

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

8 weeks from the end of the promotion is today...  Hopefully waiting on my points as it should put me over the Companion Pass points requirement, or very close to it.  Maybe we will all wake up tomorrow with our points posted to our account. 🙂

whseals
Explorer B

I heard back from Chase. Their response is below. Clearly 8 weeks means two months to them. I guess we continue to wait. 
Here is the response:

Thank you for contacting us about the Spring Plus Up offer for your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card account, and will surely share information about it. We understand this is important to you, and it typically takes eight weeks after the end of the promotion period (June 30, 2023) for the 20% bonus points to post directly to your Rapid Rewards account. They will not appear on your credit card statement, if you don't see the points in your member account after August 30, 2023, please call Southwest at 1-800-445-5764 for assistance. We appreciate the opportunity to explain this to you and your understanding. If you need to contact us again, please send a secure message.

Andysouthwest
Adventurer C

A friend of mine received her points this morning, I am still awaiting mine. Hopefully will be soon!