Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards - Frequent Travelers

linkdeath
Explorer C

I make purchases for flights through my account and rapid rewards.  I have added my wife and kids as frequent travelers to my account.  Adding my rapid rewards points to their name should have it earn points since I am the one purchasing tickets.  For example, I'll be buying tickets for my college student to fly home for holidays and such.  Those tickets since they are purchased by me and my RR is added to their Frequent Traveler profile on my account under my RR earn points, correct?  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rapid Rewards - Frequent Travelers

dfwskier
Aviator A

Nope.

You'll earn RR points for the purchase (if done via a Chase RR card).

Only the named travelers  earn points for the flights. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Each person flying needs their own RR account. Sign up everyone so they earn points every time they fly. 

As @dfwskier said, you can earn points for buying the flights if you use a Southwest branded credit card.

The frequent flyers listed on your account don't have anything to do with points earning, that just saves you the hassle of manually entering name and other info for people you buy tickets for. You cannot list your RR number on other people's tickets, it won't work and no one would get points.

--TheMiddleSeat

linkdeath
Explorer C

Can points be transferred between accounts then?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@linkdeath wrote:

Can points be transferred between accounts then?

No transferring without paying crazy fees. You can use your points to book tickets for someone else though. Combining points from multiple people isn't a thing with Rapid Rewards. 

--TheMiddleSeat