Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid rewards account on hold

clbyjordan
Explorer C

There was a chargeback on a flight with an old card and has caused my account to be on hold. I have tried everything to get in touch with someone to fix this, but the number they give me to a lady named Audrey doesn't work. I have called so many times and emailed. Please help!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Rapid rewards account on hold

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I am not able to determine if you are having issues with a Chase Southwest credit card or your Southwest Rapid Rewards account. Can you provide some additional information? 

--TheMiddleSeat

clbyjordan
Explorer C

I'm talking about my rapid rewards account. There was a flight that was booked on my debit card. I lost that card and the charge was disputed. Because of this my rapid rewards account has been on hold. I am wanting to pay the amount and unlock my account but I have been unable to reach anyone that can help me do so. 

I have been trying for two years!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I would be quite surprised if the payment issue led to your account being locked, but I guess it's possible. 

First suggestion would be to try to create a new account. After two years of inactivity a Rapid Rewards account is considered inactive and may be removed or at least all points would be forfeited so there's no harm in just signing up for a new account.

If you are unable to create a new account for some reason then send a message to Southwest and just say "I am unable to access my Rapid Rewards account, #xxxxx, name:xxxx". Leave all the info about the debit card out the message and see what the response is. Use the contact us link below to send the message.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

First suggestion would be to try to create a new account. After two years of inactivity a Rapid Rewards account is considered inactive and may be removed or at least all points would be forfeited so there's no harm in just signing up for a new account.

--TheMiddleSeat

The 2 years point’s expiration is no longer a thing. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

--TheMiddleSeat

The 2 years point’s expiration is no longer a thing. 

You sure? Points don't expire, but I think an account can go inactive. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

It sounded like the account was just working days ago though to buy the original ticket that the payment got hung up. 

I’m still confused what exactly happened.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

clbyjordan
Explorer C

The account has been on hold for over two years. It was about two years ago when the charge was accidentally disputed for the flight. I have since been trying to pay the chargeback so this could be remedied. I am able to accumulate points and fly using my RR number just cannot access them for redemption.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@clbyjordan wrote:

The account has been on hold for over two years. It was about two years ago when the charge was accidentally disputed for the flight. I have since been trying to pay the chargeback so this could be remedied. I am able to accumulate points and fly using my RR number just cannot access them for redemption.

Did you ask anyone at the airport when you flew? That might be your best chance to get someone in person for a conversation.

I think using the Contact Southwest Customer Service by email makes more sense than calling again if that hasn't been fruitful.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Sounds very unusual for a RR account to be locked for 2 entire years with no resolution? I would contact Twitter via private message (Facebook / Twitter) and see what they have to say. 

It’s also unclear why a “chargeback” would do anything to your RR account anyway. What happens when you try to log in to your account? Do you get an error message, and if so, what? 

Are you sure this is not about a  Southwest credit card being locked due to this payment issue? Still, even if something happened with a SW CC, that should still have no impact on your RR account on Southwest.com. 

— Jessica