Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund

Mytgood
Explorer C

I used my RR credit card account to purchase a ticket for a friend.  She does not have a RR account or credit card.  What are the options to receive the travel credit under my name.  Is this possible.  If I modify by selecting the Wanna Get Away plus will this allow me to transfer the credit under my name?

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Refund

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Are you saying the friend is no longer going to travel and will not use the ticket? If so, it does seem possible that you can use the travel credit from the canceled flight to purchase another ticket in your friend's name, purchasing a Wanna Get Away Plus fare (find any flight that costs whatever amount of credit your friend currently has), then cancel it. Then you will be able to transfer the resulting credit to yourself. You will need a RR account number for yourself if you don't already have one.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Are you saying the friend is no longer going to travel and will not use the ticket? If so, it does seem possible that you can use the travel credit from the canceled flight to purchase another ticket in your friend's name, purchasing a Wanna Get Away Plus fare (find any flight that costs whatever amount of credit your friend currently has), then cancel it. Then you will be able to transfer the resulting credit to yourself. You will need a RR account number for yourself if you don't already have one.

--TheMiddleSeat

I'd do it right away if this is the case, as @TheMiddleSeat mentioned on other thread it isn't clear that this is intended to be allowed and there might be a restriction on this action in the future.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Mytgood
Explorer C

One other question, I used points to book one way (my points) and if I can will the points come back to me or under her account.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Points from a canceled reservation return to the account they originally came from.

--TheMiddleSeat

Mytgood
Explorer C

Thank you for the response.

She will no longer be traveling.  She has created an account and I will change the reservation under my account to a wanna get away plus to allow me to cancel and she will transfer the credit to my account once received.