Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

So close to companion pass for 2022 But so far away!

Andysouthwest
Adventurer C

I am 15,000 points away from companion pass qualification for 2022. I anticipated only $5k credit card spending. Looking for suggestions to help with my goal. I already use rewards shopping and dining. I was hoping for multiplier promotions for September and October but unfortunately none materialized. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: So close to companion pass for 2022 But so far away!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You could fly?  With a Business Select ticket you can rack up points pretty quick.

--TheMiddleSeat

lsully100
Explorer C

I am in the same boat. I will be about 8000 pts short of companion pass for 2022. I thought that if I got someone referred to the RR credit card I could use those points -only to find out those points no longer count. I did that before and it worked. 

Lee S

dfwskier
Aviator A

I would look to Southwest hotels.

You can earn thousands of points that way.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

There’s a page with all the qualifying pathways, I don’t have that on me but a few highlights:

• flying a business select flight will get you 12x points on your spend. So certainly if you have any flights coming up, make the upgrade to BS fare. I’d consider a points run as well if you are looking to buy your way there. 

• Rocketmiles and some of the hotels that have big bonuses.
  • rental cars although might not post right away.
  • Buy something as long as you get a statement before EOY - it’s not when you purchase, it’s when it posts at the end of the billing period. 

• I’ve heard the southwest shopping is good for this. Especially if you were going to buy something big anyway like a computer. 

• think about how often you’ll use CP and whether it’s worth it for to you spend $1,000 that you might not otherwise have done. 
Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.