Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotels

tinaassi
Explorer C

Is booking hotels with points still and option? I was able to 2 weeks ago. But now when I go to awardhq the hotel section is gone.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest Hotels

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Available or not, don't do it...redemption rates are horrible. The only good use of Southwest Rapid Rewards points is Southwest flights.

--TheMiddleSeat

tinaassi
Explorer C

Well that didn’t really help but thank you. I just wanted to know if the issue was just for me. I know that using points for flights is the best option.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Issues are almost never for "just one person"

jksobonya
Aviator A

I'm not aware that Southwest Hotels (through Booking.com) from Southwest.com ever allowed you to reserve a hotel "with points." I believe you can do this through More Rewards - and you can redeem all kinds of things there like international flights (not on Southwest), gift cards, and more: https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/redeem-more-rewards 

I believe you have to be a Rapid Rewards Credit Card Holder to access the portal, although the link above says a "Rapid Rewards Member" can redeem rewards there; when I click "Explore Rewards" however the portal says it is down for maintenance. 

--Jessica