Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TQP - End of year CC points

ktiger12
Explorer C

Looking back on my SWA spending, I've already been given 3000 TQP towards my A-List status, which is for every $10,000 spent. 

My statement date is the 6th of the month, aka today.  

When I look at my chase account I had enough spending up until yesterday to put me just over $30k spent on my card, which SHOULD trigger another 1500 points towards A-List. I'm just shy of 200 points short at this time. 

Can I expect what I spent leading up until today, will go towards that third TQP from the CC to post before the new year? Trying to understand if I need to book a day trip next week if not!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: TQP - End of year CC points

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

In theory the points from spend and any bonuses related to that spend should post a few days after your statement closes. As we've both said... should. Wait until your spend points post in a couple of days and see if the bonus comes through too.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Typically, spending that occurs on your statement closing date shows up as pending until the next day (ie shows up on your next statement). So, If you had enough spend to get your TQPs on the day before your closing date, you should get your TQPs

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ktiger12 wrote:

Can I expect what I spent leading up until today, will go towards that third TQP from the CC to post before the new year? Trying to understand if I need to book a day trip next week if not!

The way you described it sounds like you should be fine. 

Otherwise book a flight now with refundable fare, or park some money on a WGA fare if you see a good one for the 200 points and then change it to a flight next year if you don't end up using it since travel funds don't expire now it won't be a big risk of not using it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.