Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Verify my account using my Customer ID

reidcrawford03
Explorer C

Where do I find the Customer ID? I am trying to get a refund, which was processed by SW. They ask for a customer ID. 

It is not:

- My Rapid Rewards

- The Case ID

- My email

They provide no insight into finding the Customer ID. They also give you 5 attempts and I have 1 left. 

HELP!

reidcrawford03_0-1673365478400.png

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Verify my account using my Customer ID

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Take a look at this, seems to be the same thing

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Overbooking-Cash-Voucher/m-p/139666/highlight/true#...

--TheMiddleSeat

eahaddad
Explorer C

I have the same issue.  I read the other forum saying the claim ID was the solution but that didn't work for me.  I have a call back scheduled with Southwest Airlines customer service so I'll post here if they give me a solution.

eahaddad
Explorer C
Solution

I got it.  You should have received a separate email that includes your customer ID for Hyperwallet.  The email was from "southwest-communications.com" and was titled "Update on reimbursement from Southwest"

Hope this helps.

Dbethiel
Explorer C

After having waited for an hour as well,  for the Southwest "Customer Support" ... NOT. Then having them disconnect the call...

Here is the actual way for everyone to know their Hyperwallet "Customer ID" without having to go digging into their Southwest claim, which is really hard to figure out.

Copy your flight confirmation #. 

Paste it somewhere. 

Then copy your case #.

Paste it after your flight confirmation # (with no spaces)

Those two numbers concatenated together are the Customer ID.

I just did this with the Hyperwallet tech support, who was 100 times more helpful than SouthWest.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Dbethiel wrote:

Those two numbers concatenated together are the Customer ID.

I just did this with the Hyperwallet tech support, who was 100 times more helpful than SouthWest.

Yeah, this is the same info that was posted in this thread 2 weeks ago, albeit without all the snark.

--TheMiddleSeat

Dbethiel
Explorer C

How can we get that particular response to be marked as the "solution", so that people can find it more easily to make use of it?

Currently, the link for the "solution" leads to this commentary, so anyone looking for this information won't see the other, unless they happen to read all responses even after they have been led to believe this one is the answer. 

That way we can avoid your snarky responses to anyone who is trying to provide an update with a better answer that would not be known to be somewhere else without reading the entire bulletin board.  

WICheeseGirl
Explorer C

I never did get an email, but while being on hold for an hour I figured out that if you go to your disrupted travel travel claim site account where you created your claim in the first place, and click 'communicate with us' at the bottom, there's a pdf of the letter I should have received in email with the customer ID number.  

Hopefully, the transfer will work in the next three days and I'll actually be reimbursed for being without items for 14 days over holiday.  

0 Loves

WICheeseGirl_1-1673467885006.png

WICheeseGirl_0-1673467884937.png

a61161
Explorer C

Hi there, I have not received any emails after I requested the reimbursement from SW.

But I have already got the emails from Hyperwallet.

So I can not find the customer ID to claim the reimbursements. And I can not find the link from your description. Can you tell more details?

WICheeseGirl
Explorer C

I never did get an email, but while being on hold for an hour I figured out that if you go to your disrupted travel travel claim site account where you created your claim in the first place, and click 'communicate with us' at the bottom, there's a pdf of the letter I should have received in email with the customer ID number. 🙄 Hopefully, the transfer will work in the next three days and I'll actually be reimbursed for being without items for 14 days over holiday. 🤞