Southwest Airlines Community

Yet Another Companion Pass Promo

dfwskier
Aviator A

ENDS WEDNESDAYWanna bring a friend for free* every time you fly?Here’s how:

1. Register now, then purchase one round
trip or two one-way flights by 8/30.

2. Travel by 9/30.

3. Companion flies free* with you 1/8-3/8/2024.

Not valid on flights purchased with Rapid Rewards® points.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Yet Another Companion Pass Promo

bec102896
Aviator A

Interesting how it’s the same travel by September 30th just like the 50% off code offer a couple of weeks a go 

if you plan to rebook a flight watch out if you were taking advantage of the other promo 

I booked a day trip to New Orleans for $84 RT to get the companion pass 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Note that when SW offered this deal in June, a systemwide fare sale occurred a week later.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Sadly, these deals are meaningless to me since I already have a companion pass.  Now if I could use it for someone else that would be good, but I have to change my current companion which I could do anyway.

bec102896
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

Sadly, these deals are meaningless to me since I already have a companion pass.  Now if I could use it for someone else that would be good, but I have to change my current companion which I could do anyway.

Some will take advantage if they have multiple family members 

example if you and your parter had 2 kids you have companion pass then have your partner earn then both kids fly free or could be 2 friends 

now for single folks would be cool if you could use it to get an extra seat for space or what if an animal could be your companion 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

We may try it but the 1/8 to 3/8 period is missing two of our planned trips on both ends by a week each 😫

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

gsu13
Explorer C

We signed up and completed the round trip, but how long does it take for the promo to kick in so you get the CP?  The promotion is no longer listed on the website.  There was also another promo about getting double points from June through August up to max 50k using a SWA credit card, but that is also gone so unclear when those points will show up too.  I realize maybe no one knows for sure, but maybe someone has gotten one of these in the past to shed some light.  Or should I call into customer support?

bec102896
Aviator A

@gsu13 wrote:

We signed up and completed the round trip, but how long does it take for the promo to kick in so you get the CP?  The promotion is no longer listed on the website.  There was also another promo about getting double points from June through August up to max 50k using a SWA credit card, but that is also gone so unclear when those points will show up too.  I realize maybe no one knows for sure, but maybe someone has gotten one of these in the past to shed some light.  Or should I call into customer support?

There were 2 companion pass promos if you are talking about the most recent one once you complete the RT before the end of September you will get your companion pass in January