Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

using my points for car rentals

woodbinemom
Explorer C

I can rent a car on the SW site and use my Chase SW card, but I cannot find a way to use my RR points to rent a car.  An earlier post has a link but that seems to be expired.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: using my points for car rentals

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest credit card holders can utilize the More Rewards program to user RR points to rent a car.  Keep in mind, just because you can doesn't mean you should.  The value you get for your points is going to be rather poor and you're much better off using RR points for flights.  To look at More Rewards, log into your account and go to https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/redeem-more-rewards

You need to make sure you are logged into your account on southwest.com first or the link may not work.

--TheMiddleSeat

woodbinemom
Explorer C

I'm blonde and old, so I am having trouble finding what you posted.  I logged in, went to rapid rewards at the top of the screen, but can't find the redeem more rewards.  When I clink your link I get a 404 error message.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Are you a Southwest credit card holder? 

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I would recommend you pay for your rental in almost every case, (also sign up for the particular rental company's frequent renter program and designate your car rental "points" be funneled to your RR account, usually 600 points, unless you rent enough that you want the status perks from the rental car company you patronize.) I personally don't rent enough cars to see the return on investment to do that. 

I find I am able to always get a cheaper rental rate directly from the car rental company, even with the pandemic car rental shortage.

Using RR points for flights yields the highest value for me personally, best of luck.