Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass and returning separately

Jadecochran
Explorer C

I understand that companion pass means you fly together, but we are planning a trip where we fly down together but back separately (I’m staying longer). I guess we can just book one way flights as a companion, then our return flights separately? Or should we book them as if I’m returning with him and then I just don’t show up? 😜 I guess the price would be the same either way just not sure if I’m fully understanding the logistics as this will be our first companion flight together. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion pass and returning separately

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Book one way flights, one with the companion and then separate return flights as needed.  One way bookings also make other changes and adjustments a lot easier if they need to be made.  As you said, pricing is the same.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Companion pass and returning separately

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jadecochran wrote:

I understand that companion pass means you fly together, but we are planning a trip where we fly down together but back separately (I’m staying longer). I guess we can just book one way flights as a companion, then our return flights separately? Or should we book them as if I’m returning with him and then I just don’t show up? 😜 I guess the price would be the same either way just not sure if I’m fully understanding the logistics as this will be our first companion flight together. 

Don't do the no-show option - actually you can call or maybe even at the airport have it adjusted to not be on both legs but it can be a challenge and prevent you from making other self-service activity - do as @TheMiddleSeat said and book one ways. 

Then book one-ways all the time because you never know when some similar flexibility might be needed and you can avoid calling or going in person to sort it out.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.