Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delays, reschedules, and cancellations

Sean2380
Explorer B

I’d like to say, I am not generally a passenger with high expectations or demands. I want to get to my destination on time. I understand and accept this is not always possible. Yet the number experiences I’ve had on Southwest in the least year force me to speak up. I have to say this and just hope someone reads it and understands: I like your company and what I know you’re capable of but  you’re going to lose business if this continues and you need to get it solved. 

I attempt to fly about twice a month. Generally within Texas. The number of times I’ve been delayed for my appointments because Southwest did not have adequate flight crew should be embarrassing for Southwest. I’ve also had flights cancelled the morning of a flight (at the airport) and been forced to cancel thousands of dollars of work that was to take place that day.  These, among many other delays.  I can tell you, with certainty, you have already lost revenue from me because I now frequently choose  to drive to my destination cities within Texas because I can consistently get there and back in a single day FASTER than Southwest can. This never used to be the case. 

I understand the pandemic was difficult for everyone, but how long do you think this behavior can last before it starts destroying your reputation as the airline that “just works”?  I have asked around to other frequent travelers my company and we have found that these incidents are not uncommon for them either.  We now feel forced to actively lobby our company to no longe use Southwest because of these issues.  

I don’t know what else to say. I just can’t keep supporting your business when this kind of problem has become normalized. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Delays, reschedules, and cancellations

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Have you flown any other airlines during the same period of time?  I'm sure if you have you have experienced some of the same issues.  It's rough for the entire industry now.  If you want to share your thoughts with Southwest use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

Sean2380
Explorer B

Jet Blue, American, and United. About 10 flights between them in the last year. None had delays. Southwest had had significant delays or outright cancellations at about 50% of my flights over that same period. Now, is that me getting lucky with the other airlines and bad luck in half my southwest flights? Maybe. Yet, my negative experiences have, university been with Southwest (At this very moment, I’m stranded in an airport in a city I’m not supposed to be in today) so I’ll go with that. 

Perhaps, though, you are correct. Perhaps it is industry wide. Yet, that doesn’t change the reality of the situation.  The more this happens, the more people will drive or simply not travel, and the more money the industry will lose. I’m simply trying to say something before I stop flying, because so few speak up.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That's great you've had some good experiences.  Planes are packed, people are not driving.

--TheMiddleSeat

Sean2380
Explorer B

Did Southwest really hire some kind of huffy debater to argue with customers expressing real issues with their flights? Is this a serious person I’m speaking too? 

All done with the feedback and the flights. No further responses required. Thanks. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't work for Southwest and directed you in my first response on how to submit feedback to Southwest. Not sure that's much of a debate, but whatever. Have a wonderful day!

--TheMiddleSeat

Sean2380
Explorer B

It’s quite silly if you expect people reading this exchange to believe that. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Sean2380 wrote:

You can choose to believe whatever you choose to believe -- regardless of the truth

but back to the reason for the thread 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/airlines-cancellations-delays-worst-summer-travel/

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Sean2380 wrote:

This is a customer to customer forum. If you want to send your feedback to Southwest, and please do, use the "contact us" info provided.

We're here to help people with "how do I do this?" and "what about traveling with kids" and other advice, or in your case if you want to vent to the airline provide the contact info.

If you want to talk about your specific routes then maybe someone can offer suggestions about what time of day they fly, etc. to get better results.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Sean2380
Explorer B

So, the response of Southwest’s apparent, obsessive fanboys (who are totally not employees) is “Don’t believe your lying eyes even though you have personally and repeatedly flown Southwest and several other airlines yet found Southwest to be significantly falling behind?”

Instead, I’m to believe some blog? 

Guys, I get it. You’re either employed by Southwest or worse…you’re not, and this is how you spend your time. My purpose of this entire thread was to give real feedback. Real experience. Real observation.

You didn’t help at all.