Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disney Giveaway

megangeise
Explorer C

I received an email today that I won a Disney vacation from. Southwest as part of their sweepstake for the 50th! Has anybody else received this? I have questions about the validity.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Disney Giveaway

bec102896
Aviator A

There is a giveaway going on however I'm not sure if winners are being selected daily or at the end of the entry period. Normally winners are selected after the contest closes. 

What is the email address that told you that you won? I would look at that and look for weird spellings of southwest in the email. You could also send a screenshot of the email to southwest on Facebook or Twitter for verification as it's better to be safe than sorry. 

-Blake 

megangeise
Explorer C

Thank you for responding! The email didn't come from Southwest but from @helloworldfulfillment.com which appears to be a legitimate company but I'm not positive. I'll take your advice and send this to Southwest on Twitter. Thank you!

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Congrats on winning!  I won 100k points about 10 years ago from SW and the email that I received looked very questionable.  If you had entered the contest, I'd say it is valid, but glad you are verifying!

If you find it's true, have a great vacation! 🙂  I'm trying to win this as well!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If you read the rules (always a good idea) you'll see they are drawing winners throughout the contest period and it is run by the Hello World organization that you mentioned.  Congratulations!

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

Congrats on your win!

--Jessica

megangeise
Explorer C

Thank you everyone! I have read and reread the rules but unfortunately haven't seen either where Southwest names HelloWorld as administrator nor where winners are selected throughout the contest. I was asked for my social security # amongst other things but can not reach anybody to confirm its legit. I need to submit all my info within 5 days or else I forfeit yet I need to confirm before giving all my info! It seems weird that there is no phone number to call and nobody has answered my multiple email messages. 

Fingers crossed!

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Social Security number may be required because the prize is taxable.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Ok, I'll admit it's a bit of a dig to find the connection between the rules and HelloWorld.  If you click the link at the bottom of the rules for the winners list it redirects to a helloworld url.  I apologize if my previous reference to reading rules was a tad harsh.

And as mentioned, you will definitely need to submit your social security number and report the winnings on your taxes.  You will get an IRS form in the mail showing the winnings that were reported by the company.

--TheMiddleSeat

Selenya
Explorer C

Hi Megan! I also won one of the trips! Have you had any contact with Southwest yet for planning?