Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Email link doesn't work

smhousley
Explorer C

On the reservation confirmation page there is a link to email the itinerary to several people. When I enter the email address the link never goes through. It just continues to "spin" - how can I send my itinerary another way?

Sandra

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Email link doesn't work

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You could forward the confirmation email you receive

--TheMiddleSeat

DutchSchooner
Explorer C

I just need to say that if we can just forward the itinerary, it makes fixing the problem a low priority for Southwest, and makes the feature somewhat pointless.  Not that the link fails every time (it only fails about half the time), but it is really a link to customer frustration.  So, to Southwest; I would nix the link or fix the link...    😉

floridaguy
Aviator C

I've worked with software engineers for 30+ years.  One thing that you have to keep in mind with web-based systems is that while you continue to get the spinning circle, it doesn't mean that the job didn't finish - it means that it hasn't returned you to next screen in sequence.

pilothillflyer
Explorer C

Well it isn't getting the job done if it just "spins" which makes one wonder, as you wrote, it hasn't returned to the next screen in sequence. I sent two complaints through Customer Service. It is a real issue since this has been occurring for some years now. Is the website that used that it can't keep up? I have tried a several different hours of the day with different e-mail addresses...in the recent days.

kiddjt
Explorer C

I've had the same issue for years. And reported it with no fix. I understand it's somewhat low priority but it's still a basic function that should work. This isn't the same as sending the email confirmation you receive. This sends the itinerary without cost information. If you go to Manage Reservation and it up by confirmation number, it will work. It seems to just be when viewing the reservation from your account.