Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I remain a Fan of Southwest

Unionizer
Explorer C

I watched an interview with a capable Flight Attendant this AM on Democracy Now who expressed concerns about the need for technological development within SWA. I hope that Leadership in SWA listens carefully and upgrades their technology swiftly so that this fiasco does not happen again. My prayers go out to the concerned travelers and employees who are impacted by this situation. May you be strong and may SWA get more vital for the employees, the investors, and travelers. 

16 REPLIES 16

Re: I remain a Fan of Southwest

Dan_Korn
Explorer C

I hope they update their technology as well.  But we have a saying in software development: Between cheap, fast, and good, you can pick two of the three.  If things are as bad as they seem, then there's no quick fix.

Dan_Korn
Explorer C

dfwskier
Aviator A

Every person/company can screw up, Southwest has certainly done that here.

I've had occasions of bad service on every airline I have ever flown. I don't believe in one strike and you are out.

I am tolerant of a first strike. On the second strike, I'm a bit more angry, but still kinda tolerant.  On that third strike, though  YOU ARE OUT.

I have blackballed two three strike   airlines in my life: Branniff in ancient times (but I showed them didn't I), and American.

People have every right to be very angry at Southwest, but if this is your first strike on Southwest, I hope you give the company another chance.

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

I was stranded in Detriot for 4 days. Hard pass for me.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I am tolerant of a first strike. On the second strike, I'm a bit more angry, but still kinda tolerant.  On that third strike, though  YOU ARE OUT.

I have blackballed two three strike   airlines in my life: Branniff in ancient times (but I showed them didn't I), and American.

@dfwskier 1, Braniff 0!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SouthWORST
Adventurer C

Absolutely NOT!! No one Should trust these morons with the current Executive Team of Bob Jordan and and Ghetto fleet of airplanes without any first class. SOUTHWORST is a dam joke

floridaguy
Aviator C

The current CEO needs to make changes or resign.  

Unionizer
Explorer C

True SW fans demand change, compensation, return of 7 billion $ SW stole from covid funds

ascottyb
Explorer C

We witnessed 8 hours Xmas night SW Gate agents adamantly refuse lodging, food, access to medicine, uber, taxi, car rental.any form of rebooking on SW and emphasized SW does not cooperate booking travel with ANY other airlines,car rentals, trains, or buses. They then started to issue fraudulent hotel{all full for days} vouchers. fraudulent flight vouchers{when legally due cash refund demanded},and 10's of thousands of fraudulent "your flight has been rebooked " documents that SW agents denied. AFTER 8 HOURS OF WATCHING SW AGENTS GASLIGHT PASSENGERS AND LAUGH AMONG THEMSELVES ABOUT PASSENGERS DISTRESS WE NOW REALIZE THAT THEY ARE FOLLOWING THEIR CEO'S false EXCUSE LADEN GASLIGHTING MARCHING ORDERS DENYING ALL ACCOUNTABILITY WITH NO INTENTION OF REAL COMPENSATION TO PASSENGERS. Don't worry SW is issuing 1/2 of original cost flight vouchers so you can wait in line 8 hours to find out your flight was cancelled again to fund SW oligarch management and CEO salary and perks, congressional lobbyists, and false advertising. Do not accept any compensation below 10 thousand$ per person per flight punitive and triple damage for expenses and lost time.

Despite the preponderance of evidence incriminating SW oligarch management and autocratic CEO's draining SW funding that should have gone to system improvements. the employees that I personally witnessed mistreat over 100 customers in 7 hours should not go unpunished. Knowing the system was breaking down they gleefully denied passengers rebooking ,alternate airline booking , uber, taxi rental car , shelter {often issuing fraudulent hotel voucher for known over occupied hotels], food , access to medicine, and common courtesy. They gaslighted customers and joked among themselves about customer distress. When will airlines repay the billions [7 billion for SW} that kept airline management and employees paid while airline consistently aligned with trumplican covicide to spread disease across country and create a million Americans death toll.