Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mass cancellation of international return flights in late January?

mjinaz
Explorer C

Just got a call, then email confirmation that my flight back from Cozumel was cancelled for 1/26. Went to look, and there are no return flights available that week (1/25 to 1/29), nor from several other of Southwest's destinations in Latin America. Anyone have some insight?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mass cancellation of international return flights in late January?

Njcaz
Explorer C

This happened to me today as well, would really love an explanation. The timing is terrible as fares on other carriers are now much higher. 

bec102896
Aviator A

From time to time schedule changes happen and unfortunately sometimes those changes make it where you can't connect to get to your final destination and you will see that no flights exist when they still might exist you just might have to stay overnight somewhere else first. 

One example I am flying to NAS in January but SW only flies from BWI and FLL on the day I want to go but the flights depart those cities before I could arrive from SAT so I would need to fly to another city the night before so I can get to NAS 

I would look and see what city they fly to on the date you need and book 2 one ways or you could look in to other airlines if those options won't work for you. **Remember if the airline changed your flight and you don't like the new flight you can request a full refund to your original method of payment.**

-Blake

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 

@bec102896 wrote:

**Remember if the airline changed your flight and you don't like the new flight you can request a full refund to your original method of payment.**

-Blake

or a free change to a different flight  between the same two cities on any available flight that has open seats - regardless of the cost of those seats.