Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Paid reservation but no ticket received!

Kindness-Countz
New Arrival

I used my southwest app to make a reservation for four tickets and the total amount has been taken (pending) from my bank account but I did not receive any confirmation of my tickets. I called customer service and they stated that they have been experiencing issues with ApplePay and they do not have any record of my reservation. The fare for the four tickets has since increased (almost doubled) and the representative said they could hold four tickets for me but only at the new rate! Only other option was to email a complaint via the web (which I did) but it could take up to 30days for a response. So I’m out a couple hundred dollars… and now you want to pay EVEN MORE? Oh and my travel is within Seven days 😕 After doing research this appears to be a common issue with South West 🤔 Has anyone experienced the same? Can anyone help please?

Feels a lot like I got scammed. I worked hard to save this money and would appreciate being treated like I matter as a customer. Not “oh yea sometimes our system does that”. ☹️

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Paid reservation but no ticket received!

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

I would not call your situation a common occurrence and it does not seem like we have all the facts here.  Since this is a customer to customer forum your best bet for resolution is to contact Southwest directly.

--TheMiddleSeat

Kindness-Countz
New Arrival

Thank you for your input. That is in fact all of the facts. I paid, got an error message from their app, the money is still pending, and I am left without the tickets and only the option to pay more.  Southwest has just reached out to me stating that they are experiencing errors in their booking system, apologized, offered an $150 LUV credit (please note $722.80 is ending in my account) and no resolution on the tickets. Customers be ware! That is my message at this point. 

I now have to start from square one with higher rates and les money. I did my part and got the short end of the stick.

parpitt1

Sorry to hear about this, were you signed into a rapid rewards account when you made the purchase? That would yield a "trail" of the transaction and provide documentation.

For myself, I would never consider connecting any 3rd party App to my bank account, especially Apple Pay, nor would I ever consider using a debt card in connection with a bank account.

Always I mean always use a credit card for purchases of this type. The cc charges are reversible if there is a glitch and you insulate your cash! 

Best of luck! 

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@Kindness-Countz wrote:

I used my southwest app to make a reservation for four tickets and the total amount has been taken (pending) from my bank account but I did not receive any confirmation of my tickets.  

The right time to start asking abut "missing tickets" starts right after you hit the purchase button. You should should get an immediate (within seconds) confirmation via the app as well as e-mail.the second you buy tickets..

Also, a "pending" charge only becomes a "real" charge either the next day or when the airline confirms that the charge is real. If that didn't  happen, you were never charged.

bec102896
Top Contributor

Once you click book a confirmation number should have followed if you didn't get a confirmation number your reservation was most likely not confirmed. If the charge is pending it would probably fall off in a few days if the charge posts then you should reach out to customer relations on Southwest.com or you can send a message on Facebook or Twitter and hopefully they can fugue out what happened. 

jksobonya
Rising Star

Seems odd. Were you logged into Southwest when you made your purchase? Do you see your flight under "My Upcoming Trips" in your account? Did you receive a confirmation e-mail? 

If the answer is "no" to all the above, my guess is that your purchase did not actually go through and your pending charge is going to drop off after a few days. If your charge is processed though, contact Southwest and explain the situation. If you were charged, you have to have tickets, otherwise Southwest will have no choice but to refund you. 

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Top Contributor

@Kindness-Countz wrote:

I used my southwest app to make a reservation for four tickets and the total amount has been taken (pending) from my bank account but I did not receive any confirmation of my tickets. I called customer service and they stated that they have been experiencing issues with ApplePay and they do not have any record of my reservation. The fare for the four tickets has since increased (almost doubled) and the representative said they could hold four tickets for me but only at the new rate! Only other option was to email a complaint via the web (which I did) but it could take up to 30days for a response. So I’m out a couple hundred dollars… and now you want to pay EVEN MORE? Oh and my travel is within Seven days 😕 After doing research this appears to be a common issue with South West 🤔 Has anyone experienced the same? Can anyone help please?

Feels a lot like I got scammed. I worked hard to save this money and would appreciate being treated like I matter as a customer. Not “oh yea sometimes our system does that”. ☹️

Save your screenshots and explain that you want to get a LUV voucher towards the difference in the change in fare. 

I think we heard about something like this on the message board before, where there was a hiccup and someone had bought the tickets while you were transacting and therefore it didn't actually go through.

But as the others mentioned, if you don't have a confirmation number immediately, you aren't confirmed call right away, rebook, whatever the case may be.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.