Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA has changed my reservation and now I no longer have a round trip.

rpayne
Explorer C

SWA changed my flight, so that now they want me to drive a day just to grab a flight home. Unbelievable. This has been the worst flying experience I have ever had, and I haven't even gotten on the **bleep** plane yet, and I'm saying this as someone who has flown Spirit. 

SWA sucks. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SWA has changed my reservation and now I no longer have a round trip.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Check your e-mail - when Southwest changes a flight you are notified via e-mail and if you are not happy with the change you can modify it yourself to *any other flight* **for free**.

You can also log into Southwest.com or the app, view your flight, and you should see a notification that "Your flight has been modified" with instructions on how to change it. 

You have to make a change within 72 hours of being notified.

--Jessica

rpayne
Explorer C

I've done that. I am not allowed as there "has been too many recent changes to your itinerary". Which is on their end due to the constant rebooking. 

strgth
Adventurer B

@jksobonya wrote:

Check your e-mail - when Southwest changes a flight you are notified via e-mail and if you are not happy with the change you can modify it yourself to *any other flight* **for free**.

You can also log into Southwest.com or the app, view your flight, and you should see a notification that "Your flight has been modified" with instructions on how to change it. 

--Jessica

@jksobonya time limit for modifying seems to vary. In the email I received from SW for a flight change it stated "If your new itinerary won't work, you can change your flight date and/or time by up to 14 days from your original travel date at no additional cost."

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@strgth wrote:

@jksobonya wrote:

--Jessica

@jksobonyatime limit for modifying seems to vary. In the email I received from SW for a flight change it stated "If your new itinerary won't work, you can change your flight date and/or time by up to 14 days from your original travel date at no additional cost."

This is referring to the timeframe for the scheduled departure of the new flight, not the time in which you have to make the change.

Generally, you have ~3 days from email notification in which to make the change yourself online (although lately that seems to be variable, up to one week). After that, you can still receive a free change, but it will require calling in.