Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest customer service line linked to Spam and Scam

Loyalcustomer22
Explorer C

I booked through your site for a hotel room. I searched YOUR website to get information on your PRICE GUARANTEE. The information I found on YOUR WEBSITE (see below) is for an Emergency Alert Bracelet and description. Now I have to be concerned that my phone number is on their database and phishing catalog due to your negligence in maintaining security of customer information and accuracy of what is on your site. Yes, I absolutely want a call back and an explanation. I also want the adjustment on the other hotel price directly from the hotel. SHAME ON YOU AGAIN SOUTHWEST

https://www.southwest.cohttps://www.southwest.com/help/booking/booking-a-hotel?CLK=SITESEARCH/11m/help/booking/booking-a-hotel?CLK=S...

YOUR WEBSITE INFORMATION:
, it is important to note that the Best Price Guarantee offer does not apply if:
You booked a “Points Plus Property” on SouthwestHotels.com.
The other deal is offered through a website that does not reveal which property or accommodation type you’ll be staying at until after you’ve booked.
You book using special membership rates, frequent stayer rates, loyalty points, any rewards programs or special promotions made available by the accommodation provider.
If you have any additional questions, please call 1-888-850-3958. You will need to provide your hotel booking confirmation number and PIN when you call.
planation.  
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/pay/payment

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest customer service line linked to Spam and Scam

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest Hotels and the phone number you listed are run by booking.com NOT Southwest Airlines. 

I have no idea what you are saying regarding spam, bracelets, etc, but if you have questions perhaps reach out to booking.com

This is a customer to customer forum, you will not receive replies from either Southwest Airlines or booking.com here. 

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Am I crazy to think this whole post is just spam???

--TheMiddleSeat

Loyalcustomer22
Explorer C

I would like to clarify my post.

First, I did not expect a reply from Southwest on this Forum.

Second, my issue is I used the Hotel link on Southwest.com for an upcoming trip. On the website it states they have a "Price Guarantee" for same reservation on another site using same booking criteria. I booked my hotel and decided to see what booking through the actual hotel would cost. It was $54 cheaper. So back to Southwest page and the guidance they published was to call a certain number to get your account adjusted.

Here is the issue:  

When I followed the guidance on their website and called the number provided to get my account adjusted under the Price Guarantee, the number on SOUTHWEST website and through THEIR, SOUTHWEST AGENT, BOOKING.COM, it’s a SPAM/PHISING company selling MEDICAL ALERT BRACLETS. So now thanks to you, they have my personal information and contact information. How can I trust both of of these agencies if there is an issue during my trip when I can't reach them to remedy a GUARANTEE they profess. 

Again, had I gone directly to Booking.com, my issue. If I rely on you to keep my information secure and your partner agencies Transparent, shame on Southwest. I was trying to use every aspect Southwest has to offer as I've been doing for the last 16 years. I canceled reservation but this is a "computer outage" issue on the horizon. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Perhaps you misdialed because the number you posted and the number on southwest.com goes to booking.com

--TheMiddleSeat