Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delays and Poor Service

safari45
Explorer C

I am seeing delays and service getting unfriendly on SW Air flights.

Our flight # 1177 on 5/18  to LAS was delayed and then connecting flight #1167 to ORD was delayed by 2 hours (no treason provided) and on return, flight # 1935 from ORD to DEN on 5/23 delayed by an hour (again, no reason provided), almost missed the connecting flight # 3009. There was no announcement while landing to let passengers with very short connection time to deplane before rest of the passengers, a very critical step in ensuring their customers do not miss connecting flight. But SW Air does not care anymore. Also on this flight had passenger holding a seat for someone, and not let me seat. Flight attendant just observed. It is not fun flying SW Air anymore and getting nightmare flying them with excessive delays. Not sure if I will fly SW Air again.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Delays and Poor Service

floridaguy
Aviator C

If the seat is open, sit in the seat.  If someone fusses, call the flight attendant.

There is no provision on Southwest to save or hold seats.  I have made many calls to Southwest asking the same question and each and every time I am told the same thing.

The last person who told me a seat was being saved, I told them that was a great subject for a book, but not reality on Southwest.  

Yes, I sat in the seat.  Had their been fuss, I would have called for the flight attendant.

jksobonya
Aviator A

You can check your connecting flight information on the Southwest app for free in the online portal - it would be a courtesy to announce certain flights, but it’s not necessary anymore. I can only think of one recent flight where they announced connections. 

— Jessica 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

You can check your connecting flight information on the Southwest app for free in the online portal - it would be a courtesy to announce certain flights, but it’s not necessary anymore. I can only think of one recent flight where they announced connections. 

Or ask the FA if you don’t have a Wi-Fi device handy. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

If you ever have a tight connection, no matter the airline, it's always helpful to tell the flight attendants because the flight crew can contact ground and see if they can hold the flight. I know they'll hold a flight for large groups, probably not just one person, but it's always helpful to let them know as well as letting passengers around you know. It's not really fair to get mad if you don't let the people around you know that you have a tight connection.

Andrew E

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

floridaguy
Aviator C

We just had a rather lively debate after Southwest held a flight nearly an hour for a family of five.