Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

East coast or Chicago more delay likely for spring?

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Both air spaces big. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Re: East coast or Chicago more delay likely for spring?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Asking us to predict the weather more than a week out? Always a tricky thing to do. 

Maybe @DancingDavidE can provide some insight on what Chicago is like in the spring.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Asking us to predict the weather more than a week out? Always a tricky thing to do. 

Maybe @DancingDavidE can provide some insight on what Chicago is like in the spring.

--TheMiddleSeat

Spring is too vague, do you have a month in mind? We get snow issues for sure during the winter which can stretch into the spring. 

Extreme pollen knocks me out, but doesn't affect the 737's. 

There have been a couple of instances of ice or fog that affected Midway which is a little more sensitive to weather like that due to the runway lengths. 

Overall I'm not sure what the OP has in mind...Midway has been a very reliable airport since the dawn of air travel including being the world's busiest airport for a number of years until O'Hare was built in 1955.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Preferably neither!

--Jessica

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I fly into Midway several times a year, I would avoid a connection here in January and February just because of well "The Winter." In the Summer, I typically feel pretty comfortable connecting here.

My "home" airport is BWI and I can usually pivot and recover from any weather issues here because so many flights go thru here and bad weather doesn't typically linger.