Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thank you Southwest for doing everything you can during this true holiday 2022 weather emergency...

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

I've read many of the posts here on the Southwest forum and appreciate everyone's travel frustration. My family's flights, too, were canceled, rebooked, and canceled again. A trip from OH to Marco Island a year in the planning; though it was a leisure, vacation, trip, not a family emergency. Are we disappointed, of course; but it's not the end-of-the-world. We're all together, at home, making alternate plans for dinners, shows and other gathering activities here in OH. I'm glad that Southwest is prioritizing safety over schedule. Southwest is one of the safest airlines in the world; that means a lot to me and my family. With the downtime at home I've taken the opportunity to book 3 other trips on Southwest throughout 2023 (2 in Winter and 1 over the Summer). Might these trips have a cancellation? Sure, that's not unique to Southwest. Yes, it's true, this storm impacted Southwest more than other airlines; but that's because of Southwest's point-to-point route map versus the other airline's hub-and-spoke models. I hope everyone can get to where they need to be or be understanding of the monumental challenge Southwest faces getting their system back to full capacity. I also hope that people are not taking their frustrations out on the Southwest agents doing their best to make sure everyone is taken care of in some way. I have thanked each agent I've spoken with and told them I appreciate the difficult job they're doing. Just as I thank Southwest for being the best airline in the industry. PS - I'm not a Southwest employee; rather, just a regular Southwest traveler for business and occasional pleasure.

- Will (where there's a will there's a way)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Thank you Southwest for doing everything you can during this true holiday 2022 weather emergency

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

It's really easy to lose hope in situations like this, but if there's anything that Southwest is good at - it is making things right. Maybe not today or this week, but you can expect some LUV when this all dies down.

Re: Thank you Southwest for doing everything you can during this true holiday 2022 weather emergency

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

If you were stranded for 4 days somewhere instead of the comfort of your own home I think your outlook may be just a bit different just saying. Luckily I had the means to fork out the additional money for hotel rooms and food for four days not to mentiona flight home with a different airline. Some people weren't so fortunate and having been living at airports! Now I have to submit everything for reimbursement and hope they consider it "legitimate ". Thanks Southwest for bending us over Merry Christmas!