Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

The Online Route Map

denno
Adventurer B

Why does the online route map no longer show the route lines between city pairs.  There are lists, but the map aspect was a plus that I miss.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: The Online Route Map

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Wow, I had not noticed the change and agree that's not good.  Hopefully it's just a minor/temporary bug.  Let's see if @NicoleAshley has any insight or can pass a note along to someone.  Will the interactive route map return???

--TheMiddleSeat

adriandholmes
Explorer B

I’ve noticed this for close to a month now. I’ll admit it is rather inconvenient since I fly out of multiple airports in my home state and like to keep tabs on the nonstop routes available from the nearby airports. I imagine, however, that the feature was temporarily disabled due to the abnormal high amount of route changes, discontinuation, and suspensions (and expedited additions in Hawaii) stemming from the max 8 grounding.

Take heart, I’m sure the interactive route map will be back soon once all remaining routing adjustments have been finalized.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I believe that map ran under Flash, which might explain it's absence. Hopefully there's a replacement coming at some point. Until then the interactive list view shows non-stop city pairs.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

I'm looking into this and will let you know when I get an update. Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi all,

I was able to verify our agreement on the previous version came to a close, and the static image will remain until we're able to improve it later on. 

Thanks!

Nicole

Nicole
Community Manager

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Booo!

Thanks for the update, but that's obviously not the answer we all wanted to hear. After losing the Getaway Finder Map this just adds more frustration. 

--TheMiddleSeat

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Totally understand and apologize for the frustration! You can be assured we want the Customer experience on our website to be topnotch, so we appreciate the feedback.

Nicole
Community Manager

eThomas
Explorer C

Just a bump to this, a reminder; adding my vote for bringing back this feature as soon as possible 🙂

Allons-y
Explorer C

Two years later, and still no progress. I've heard claims of COVID-related delays, but that doesn't make sense. Information technology projects are often carried out with remote work - in fact, when it comes to web projects, it is more the rule than an exception!

Why in the world can't Southwest get their act together on this? And don't even get me started on trying to cobble together connecting flights by hand, and then having to spend hours on ignore (they call it 'hold') trying to reach someone to actually buy a fare.

My use of Southwest has dropped dramatically due to the problem of finding routes and buying tickets the online system doesn't understand exist...