Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why no southwest non stop from burbank to seattle??

Will0329
Explorer B

For 7 years and still currently I live in seattle. My parents live near burbank airport. When I fly to burbank to visit my parents I always have to change planes on oak,sjc or smf to get from sea to bur.

Alaska airlines does offer non-stop service from sea to bur. Alaska charges twice the price of southwests connecting flights from sea to bur.

I have always wondered why southwest never offered bur or lax non stop to sea??

The non-stop flights from sea to smf, oak and sjc are always full and southwest keeps adding more non stop seattle flights to these 3 cities.

Why does southwest not fly non stop from sea to Southern California?? 

Southwest flies non stop from sea to phx,las,oak,smf and sjc frequently. 

Southwest also needs more 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why no southwest non stop from burbank to seattle??

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

First, Southwest needs more planes. They can't be on every route and it's always hard to compete with an airline based in a city. With Alaska being based in Seattle they will have the advantage and choose to fly routes other airlines just can't make money on.

You're welcome to submit your suggestion directly to Southwest, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Why no southwest non stop from burbank to seattle??

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

@Will0329 wrote:

I have always wondered why southwest never offered bur or lax non stop to sea??

The non-stop flights from sea to smf, oak and sjc are always full and southwest keeps adding more non stop seattle flights to these 3 cities. 

Southwest flies non stop from sea to phx,las,oak,smf and sjc frequently. 

I've always wondered that too and part of it is because of a lack of planes and crew. This fall Southwest is resuming flights between Portland, OR and both LAX and SAN. I wondered why they don't go further up to Seattle. For one, Seattle is a hub for both Alaska and Delta. Even Delta has struggled with Alaska being like 2.5x larger, it's so hard to compete with them. A lot of people in Seattle have the Alaska rewards program which makes it harder other airlines to "steal" those passengers. 

Southwest flies frequently to PHX, LAS, OAK, SMF, and SJC because they are large airports for Southwest where they have the largest market share. 

@Will0329 wrote:

Southwest also needs more 

Southwest also needs more what?

You can request the route through social media or through the Contact Us link below.

If you're so keen on a nonstop to SoCal, you can fly Alaska, Delta, American, United, JetBlue (resuming in October). Otherwise if Southwest's connection through the Bay Area is the cheapest, I wouldn't complain and just take it.

Andrew E

DEN Based | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest