Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Denied ?

msydney434
Explorer C

I put un an application that was immediately denied, seemingly automatically. The email I got said it was because I didn’t meet the base requirements, but I reread the job description and application and I seem to meet them all??? Can anyone help?!

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Application Denied ?

mavsfans2002
Explorer A

This just happened to me as well. I submitted my application and received confirmation but it automatically went under "No Longer Under Consideration". I met the job requirements and answered all the qualification questions.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Happy Monday, @mavsfans2002!

Thanks so much for reaching out - we'd be glad to provide some additional insight here. 

Upon reviewing your answers to the application questionnaire, when asked "Are you authorized to work in the U.S. or will you have authorization to work in the U.S. by date of hire?" you indicated "no". Since this authorization is a requirement of the role, this answer deemed your application ineligible. We're so sorry for any confusion there. 

If this was by mistake, we'd love to invite you to apply to this position or other positions posted on our careers site! We post new opportunities daily, and we hope to get to know you better as you explore a career at Southwest Airlines! 💙❤️💛

mavsfans2002
Explorer A

Thank you so much @adrienneb for the response to my post. This was certainly an oversight as I am qualified to work in the U.S. 

I did go back to the application as it is still open and attempted to reapply again. However, when I submit my application, it said, "Thank you, You have already applied for..." the role name. 

There isn't a way for me to withdraw my application since it shows under my Inactive jobs. Does this mean I'm no longer eligible to be considered for the role or is there a way to remove this from my inactive jobs or reset my app so I can update my qualification questions accordingly?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey again, @mavsfans2002 !

Unfortunately, once an application is submitted, we’re unable to make changes to your questionnaire answers or remove that application from your profile. You could apply with a different email address or continue to check careers.southwestair.com for the next posting and/or sign up for a job alert on any job description page! 

mavsfans2002
Explorer A

Thanks again for the speedy respopnse @adrienneb ! That worked and I was able to submit my app. ♥

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

So happy to help, @mavsfans2002! Wishing you the best of luck! 

richmarc90
Explorer C

Hello,

To the Southwest employee in this feed is there any way you could possibly tell me what went wrong with my application as well, to my knowledge the position I've applied for is remote for Technology Analyst under Marcel Daniels-Rich. I would appreciate any feedback and try to reapply for this position if I have made an error in my entry.

Thank you for your time.

floridaguy
Aviator C

I would have to comment that if the individual isn't detailed enough to respond to the basic application questions correctly, how will they handle the details involving jet travel, reservations, gate assignments, etc?

msydney434
Explorer C

Well, my initial question was in regards to having answered all the questions correctly. I actually went back and redid the application and still got the same result. 

Thanks for the comment, but it unfortunately isn’t relevant.